Thursday, January 22, 2009

Helping Nana

Caleb loves washing dishes. He can stand at that sink for hours (if we let him) and play in the water. He loves to pour the water from one dish to another, or fill up his bottles and dump them out again, or even to take the scrubber brush and start cleaning away. If only it would last.

A photo for your viewing pleasure, from December 30th, as I was making dinner and Caleb decided dinner making that evening was boring and he'd rather wash dishes. I told Brandon to quick grab the camera and Caleb gave him a big ol' cheesy Caleb grin.


Tonight, as Caleb was washing dishes, he kept repeating a phrase that I'm pretty sure was "helping nana." Brandon at first thought maybe he was saying "Happy New Year," but when I asked him if that's what he was saying, and he tried to repeat me, it was clear that he definitely wasn't saying that. So I'm sticking with "Helping Nana," as it's the only thing that makes sense. Now if only we could get him to pick up his own toys...

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

glad to hear he is feeling better. Godd luck with the move

Patti said...

I'm glad I get to come see that boy tomorrow! He can come to Nana's house and help anytime! I was thinking about making some cookies today. He should be here to help. Happy New Year doesn't really sound anything like Helping Nana, by the way.

Crowley Family said...

That is so cute. We miss you guys a ton. Naomi has said Caleb's name almost everytime we get in the car, and everytime I have to tell her we're not going to visit him. The first couple times she got really sad.