Sunday, May 4, 2008

San Fran

We went to San Francisco after church today. I'd never been before. Sometimes it amazes me all the things that I've never done before that Caleb gets to do when he's so very little.

Things I learned about San Francisco today:
* It's BIG
* It's very easy to get lost
* It really is always foggy (or smoggy, I'm not sure which)
* You should bring a jacket if you are going to walk anywhere near the ocean
* If you are trying to meet your friends at Pier 39, but are parked between Pier 38 and Pier 40, you are nowhere near where you want to be

Yep, that about sums up our experience. We ended up having a really good time though. I especially loved seeing so many things I'd heard about from other people's San Francisco trips (like when we saw the bush man scaring people, it totally reminded me of Samuel and Holly -- cuz they told me about that, not because they are scary bush people).

We also bought some great sidewalk art. I love sidewalk art. It always amazes me what some people are capable of creating. The pictures we bought were made using spray paint. We even watched one (that we bought) being made. It took all of five minutes maybe and it's seriously the coolest thing I've ever seen. I'll try and take a picture of it so that you can have an idea of what it looks like.

5 comments:

Nora's world said...

I LOVE San Francisco! SOOO jealous. And I can't believe the bush man was still around. He wasn't there the last time we were up there.

Patti said...

Looks like you got a nifty new jacket out of the deal with being cold near the water! How far away is SF from Sac? Great picture. I stole it and put it in my folder. Oh, but then, I steal all the pictures you post (usually). But that's okay, they're safe with me.

Kristy said...

i love SF. i'll be there in about 2 weeks (may 16-19), so holler if you're back in SF then too. :)

Jocelyn said...

Love the family photo. Doug has been there many times with me and still manages to forget how cold it really is. I love SF and would love to live on the outskirts if it weren't so expensive.

FoxFamily said...

Wow! HOw fun! AND you posted a family picture. Very cute!