Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fireworks!



Caleb finally got to see a big firework show! I've been wanting to take him to one forever now, but it's never worked out before. Well, we finally got our chance and he absolutely loved it!

All through the show, he kept saying "whoa!" It was so cute. He even applauded when it was over. Fireworks are one of my favorite things, and it was so special to me to get to share this with my little boy. I'm so glad he liked it.

To be completely honest though, he did get distracted half way through. We were right under the fireworks and the people behind us were making all kinds of noise (excited to see the show). Caleb kept looking back at them wondering if he was missing out on something. And he did get up at one point in hopes of stealing some glow sticks from a girl who had left them on the ground next to her (but I stopped him before he got them). Still, a very successful venture for his first firework show.

Here are a few pictures we took while waiting for directions. I love the stormy sky! (Which reminds me, we got rained on some and Caleb loved it. He kept pulling the blanket off his head and tilting his face to the rain, trying to catch the water in his mouth. He was so happy all night, despite how late I kept him up to see the fireworks.)



1 comments:

Patti said...

Wow- who knew (except you) that the field of weeds would turn out such amazing pictures?! Excellent. I think the night was a success, even if we didn't think it was going well at the time.