Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sacramento


My friend Jocelyn is in town visiting, so we headed down to Sacrament for the day with our boys. Our first stop was the Railroad Museum. Caleb wasn't really that into it. He was feeling shy and overly clingy. He'd sit in his stroller fine, but if ever I took him out to try and get a photo of him, he wanted to be held the whole time and would cry till I picked him up (or put him back in his stroller, which still required picking him up first).

We did see lots of cool trains, as well as really old toy trains. There was even a section of toys that the kids could play with. Since that was our last stop at the museum, Caleb did a little better, but still didn't like being near any of the other kids. Mostly, he just kept bringing me all the toy trains from off the table.

After that, we walked around old town Sacramento for a while. Caleb was still in a funky mood. (It might be due to the fact that he woke up at 5:30 this morning, instead of his normal 8:30 or 9, and didn't want to go back to sleep.) I couldn't get a single good picture out of him. He wouldn't hold still anywhere and just wanted me to pick him up again. Which means that all I ended up with are pictures that Jocelyn took of Caleb and me together. But at least he'll know we went.

By the time we got to the capitol building, he was starting to relax a little around our friends. Finally, a few shots of him by himself!



Then, as I was about to take a picture of Jocelyn with her boys, Caleb completely surprised me. He started walking away from me. I was shocked. He'd been so needy all day long, I just couldn't believe it. He even climbed up the stairs on his own.



After that, he did a lot better and wanted to walk on his own. I was finally able to get some cute pictures of him. Here he is (above) in front of the entry doors and (below) sitting in front of a Redwood tree.



The one disadvantage, however to walking on your own, is that you are than available for tackling! Really, Teak was just trying to show Caleb love, but Caleb's not used to such body slamming love (except from his daddy who remembers to still be gentle or else Mommy will likely get mad).


Well, after a long day of fun, we headed into the Sees candy shop. The sales lady there hooked Caleb up good! So much for not eating sweets till he turned two!


(Sadly, he only got a tiny bit of it, just long enough for Mommy to take a picture, before I ate it out of his hands. Rules are rules after all.)

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

He looks so content with the chocolate. You should post some with you two together.

Patti said...

I can't believe that chocolate was even allowed in his hand! What did he do after you took it from him? Did he want it back? Did he get skinned hands or knees from that tackle?

Lesley Wright said...

Caleb takes really great pictures, he is so still. And it seems like he love to have pictures taken. You do get some really cute posses of Caleb. I LOVE the one by the redwood tree.

Crowley Family said...

I love looking at your pictures. Caleb is getting so big. We miss you guys!