Sunday, November 2, 2008

Scarecrow Festival

While the Barbours were in town visiting, we went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point (10/18 - the day after we went to Wheeler Farm).

There were lots of fun things to do, like slide down huge inflatable slides. We took Caleb down a couple times. I'm not sure if he enjoyed it or not. He didn't cry, but the look on his face doesn't scream fun either.



There were some little girls dancing on stage. I thought it was a little boring to watch, but Caleb was fascinated. He didn't want to leave. At one point, when they left the stage, I told Caleb they were all done and carried him away. He cried in protest, but quickly cheered up when he saw what was in store for him next.

Caleb loved shooting the basketballs. They were a lot bigger than the ones we normally shoot at home, and the basket was farther away, so Caleb didn't make any baskets. But he loved trying. (Mommy did a few one handed shots though!)


And he can throw a baseball eleven miles per hour! (I was impressed the guy even managed to get Caleb's throws on the radar.) Doug won (out of the five of us) with a 64 mph throw, while Brandon barely missed at 63 mph. (I might have got the numbers wrong, but whatever they were, Brandon was one under Doug.)


Caleb did not want to take pumpkin pictures this day either.



On the other hand, he really loved sitting in these tires. I'm thinking we should get a few spares for our house. They'd be a great little time out spot.


1 comments:

Patti said...

It looks like you had a really good time. Great pictures. I think I'll print that first one and replace it with the one I have at the office- maybe.