Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hello Sunshine

We spent the majority of our summer here in New Jersey living in the darkest dungeon of an apartment. I hated it. It was so depressing. For one, the window in the main living area was rather small. Our apartment faced North, backed up to the other apartment building so very little light even came near our window. But even worse, we faced the road into the garage, so everyone drove past at all hours of the day. So in order to get any light into our small window that had almost no exposure to the outside world, we'd have to open our blinds all the way up and then everyone could see everything in our apartment. Needless to say, we suffered in our dungeon.

Then, with only four weeks left in the summer, we finally switched apartments. We're on the top floor, facing east out over the courtyard, so we get lots of light. Plus, our window is huge now. It's been such a happier life living in our new apartment.

One day (8/8), after moving here, I opened the blinds all the way up, since no one can see in due to the glare of the sun off our window, and Caleb and I basked in the sunlight. Here are a bunch of random pictures of Caleb being cute in the window.












3 comments:

Patti said...

I think you got spammed! Either that or you're hanging out with people I don't know.
I love picture #2, and the one where he's lying on the window sill and last one with the feet. Those are the best, but they're all really excellent as usual. I'm glad you got to switch apts. but it's really time for you to come see me. Any decisions made regarding that yet?

Patti said...

Glad you de-spammed :)

Crowley Family said...

I love big windows. They definitely make a difference. Naomi loves to look out the window and watch me get the mail instead of coming out with me.