Wednesday, August 5, 2009

NYC

This past week, my friend Jocelyn came to town with her two boys, LT (4) and Teak (2). Theoretically, they came so the boys could see their daddy, who's working with us for the summer, but in actuality, I like to believe she really came to see me.

The first day they were here, we went into NYC to see the sights. Our first stop, after much driving around, was the Rockefeller Center.





We headed inside and up to the top so we could get a view of all of NYC.



Here's our friends: Teak and Doug (with Jocelyn and LT behind them).


Jocelyn and LT.


It was a pretty hazy day, which was a bummer. Otherwise I'm sure we'd have been able to see our apartments (or nearly). We live across the river, in the haze nearish the bridge.

Caleb wasn't a big fan of being up there. I'm not sure if he was scared of the height or the wind, or was just feeling cranky. He started to calm down a little when we let him play with the viewers (without putting any money in them).



We found a spot where there weren't any other people. At last, Caleb stopped being scared and ran around having so much fun.



Though his favorite thing was still playing with the observation viewers.




After that, we walked the several blocks to Times Square.



Caleb wasn't interested in smiling. I told him if he smiled super big for the camera, he could have his fruit by the foot.


Enjoying the fruits of his labor.


As we were leaving Times Square, we saw some people dressed up -- there was Elmo, Cookie Monster, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse -- with stockings for donations. Caleb wasn't a fan.


We stopped at this fountain for pictures. LT and Teak were sitting together and Caleb marched right on over, sat down next to them and put his arm around LT, wanting to be in the picture with them.



Whenever I see pretty flowers, I want to take Caleb's picture in front of them. This was opposite the water fountain.

Caleb wasn't in the mood for posing though, since he needed to go potty. I told him to show me his best "I have to go potty" face. This is what he gave me.

Jocelyn wanted to get dessert at Serendipity 3. The wait was about an hour and a half long, so we went down the street a ways to a candy store to pass the time.


Before we went in, I told Caleb he could pick anything in the store and I would buy it for him, but that he had to decide on one thing and not just grab everything in sight. Out of two floors of candy, Caleb decided on two little chocolate cars.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Love the Elmo picture and the look on Caleb's face "NO DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH SCARY ELMO!"
Cute pictures. I need more please.

Jocelyn said...

seriously I don't know how you made out at a candy store less than five buck and a dollar at that. The boys had so much fun. We got a new car today and they said Nathan sits in the middle since they couldn't get Caleb's name right.