Monday, July 14, 2008

Bicycle Try #2

Ever since the failed bicycle venture, my bike has been taunting me. It hangs out in the bedroom where I have to look at it every day. It's worse than not having a bike, knowing that I have one but can't ride it since my son hates it.

Today, Caleb and I found an infant helmet that actually fits him. Mommy got a helmet too. We wore them around for a while, first in the store, then again later at home. After dinner, Caleb picked up his new helmet and wanted to wear it. I put it on him and when he didn't complain, but actually smiled at me, I thought we ought to try the bike again.

We only went for a short journey, just down to the next corner and back again, then once around the apartment complex. The whole time, Caleb kept saying "Wee!" over and over again. It was so cute. He never once got scared or fussy and the helmet stayed in place. The air was cool and it was so nice to get outside for a while.

Hopefully this isn't a fluke incident but the first of many happy bike rides to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BAH! I knew it would work!

Maybe I can find a good bike at Goodwill or DI :)

I love you!!

You wouldn't happen to have to go grocery shopping anytime soon, would ya? We have to and I really don't wanna go by myself or wait until Sunday. :)

Patti said...

It must have all been about the helmet. Good deal. Love the wheee!