Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Early mornings

Every morning this week, Caleb has woken up WAY before he's supposed to. He used to wake up at 8:30 a.m. regardless of when we put him down to bed. As long as we got him to bed early enough, he would get a really good night's sleep.

Sunday morning he woke up at 4 a.m. Monday at 5 a.m. Tuesday again at 5. This morning though, 3:30. I don't know what's going on with him. Every morning, Brandon gets up and tries to get the baby back to sleep. Every morning, Caleb won't go back to sleep, regardless of what Brandon does. We've even tried to let him cry it out. The only thing that will get him to stop crying is if he nurses. Then he's fine.

After nursing, he went back to sleep one of those mornings. Today, however, was not that morning. Brandon tried in vain for an hour to get the baby back to sleep. Then I nursed him. He was happy after that, but wide awake. I brought him into bed with me and laid him between me and Brandon. Caleb was more awake than I think I've ever seen him. He was rolling around all over the place (in his tiny confined space -- although our bed is pretty big so it wasn't that tiny of a space). He wanted to play with my face (which is actually pretty normal for him when we're lying in bed). He wanted to give me kisses and eat my hair. When I wasn't responsive enough, he rolled his way over to Brandon to try and give him kisses and whack him in the face. It wasn't till 6:30 that Brandon got him to go back to sleep.

I don't know what's going on with him. Every time he acts out of the ordinary, we think, oh he must be teething. But we've been saying that for five months now and he still doesn't have any teeth. Not even a glimmer of a tooth. So I'm not chalking this one up to that. But what then? He has been sick since Saturday. Maybe Friday. But would that make him wake up so early every single morning?

If he wakes up again tonight/tomorrow morning, we're not going to be able to just let him cry since he's already in so much pain from getting his shots earlier today. I feel so bad for him.

1 comments:

Nora's world said...

It's daylight savings time I tell you!!! No matter what I do, my kids are always messed up for a couple of weeks.