Thursday, July 19, 2007

So a duck walks into a bar...

My husband often asks me, "How did you get to be so funny?" And truth be told, I just don't know. My sense of humor isn't really like anyone else's in my family. And it's not at all like Brandon's. Just my own sense of self.

But with Caleb, I've totally had to take it up a notch, since he never laughs. He makes lots of happy noises and often squeals in delight, but nothing that I really consider laughing. At least, not the way normal people laugh. One of my friends out here tried to tell me that his happy noise is his way of laughing, but it just sounds like a happy noise.

That is, until today. Today, I finally got my baby to laugh. He was making his happy noises and then all of a sudden, a laugh slipped in. Brandon was getting ready for work, so he heard it too. Which means it definitely happened. And more than once even.

To make sure it was really real (and not like that one fluke time that he rolled over and hasn't ever done it again), I waited a little while, then tried to get him to laugh again. I must have been telling some great jokes this morning, because he kept on laughing at me. It was the cutest thing he's ever done.

What was the joke? It went something like this: "Rah rah rah rah rah. Rah rah rah rah." I guess you had to be there. It's all in the delivery.


(This picture was taken on my cell phone this morning, so it's not the best quality. But hey, it's all I had handy.)

1 comments:

Patti said...

No, you didn't have to be there, I thought rah rah rah was funny too. Well, at least it made me laugh. Could be that I'm just too easy of a target.
Mama