Saturday, February 23, 2008

Feeling Fat (not phat)


We got home from our cruise so late, that we ended up staying the night at my mom's. The next day (yesterday), I showered, then realized that I didn't have any clean clothes to wear. I asked my mom if I could borrow a pair of her pants, then suggested maybe a pair of her fat pants since she's lost a lot of weight recently. We went into her closet and she pulled out a pair. I asked her what size they were. She answered, "size fat." I put them on. Way too tight (but at least I got them on). The sadness of my life.

I actually didn't gain as much weight on the cruise as I thought I would. Too bad I was weighing more than I wish I did before we even left. Now, I just feel plain ol' fat.

Brandon and I told ourselves that we were going to start a diet AFTER the cruise, and ate like crazy while on the ship. Every night for dinner, we ordered at least one appetizer and two dinners each, not to mention dessert. Even Caleb got into the fun of eating. He realized that cruise ships have never ending amounts of cheese. All kinds of cheese, too. He was in cheese heaven. And grapes. I'd say grapes are probably his favorite food now.

Sadly, we're home again and have to cook our own food. I asked Brandon what he wanted for dinner tonight and he said that he wanted our personal chef to go make us several dishes that we could just take a few bites of and then send back and order something new. Ah, back in the day...

We're having fruit salad for dinner tonight. Healthy here we come.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it. :) I think cutting red meat out is the first step...at least it was for me.

Marilyn picked Outback Steakhouse for her birthday dinner, even after she knew I was a vegetarian. Not that I would ever expect anyone to change their birthday restaurant choice on my behalf- it just would have been nice to be able to order something NOT on the kids menu. LOL. MMM..grilled cheese sammich with a side if veggies. Love it.

Wow, I talk a lot, don't I?

Being a vegg (that's what I call it) has forced me to actually cook! I have found it's pretty fun and have even created a few concoctions.

Weee....

::hug::

Until either of us writes again-
Cheers

Unknown said...

PS- You're NOT fat. I wish you the best of luck in sticking with your better eating habits, and hope you become happy with physical self soon!

(sorry I realized the previous comment was all about me, and not even about you at all. How vain can I get? Jeeze.)

Love you.

Patti said...

When you get your personal chef, may I borrow him/her? I have a few requests I'd like to make as well.

Brandon said...

Ahh solid ground. Anyone know how to make ground stop swaying now that we are off the boat?

Jocelyn said...

Good luck with eating healthy. I get a couple days in and then Doug is my downfall. Hopefully this summer I'll lose it all and then gain it back for baby three.

Unknown said...

did anyone else notice that karen was letting her baby play with a knife at the dinner table?