Friday, February 8, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Bed time is becoming one of my favorite times. We have a pretty good routine going these days, and I just love spending these moments with my son.

Okay, bath time isn't necessarily my favorite part, and I sometimes pass this one off to Brandon. But the rest of it, I cherish, and always insist that I put Caleb to bed. We read scriptures (Caleb's baby version), have family prayers, then turn out the lights and rock in the chair together while I sing to the baby.

Lately though, Caleb's started singing along. It's so cute. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep singing, I just want to laugh at how cute he is.

Most nights, Caleb falls asleep in my arms. On the nights that he doesn't, I put him in his bed awake and he rarely cries. When he does cry, it's not for long. But most nights, when he falls asleep in my arms, I have such a hard time putting him down in his crib. I just want to hold him and hold him and hold him. A couple times, Brandon's come in to Caleb's room wondering if everything's okay because I've been in there so long. But I just can't help myself. My baby isn't going to be a baby much longer and I want to soak up every precious moment I can.


Not the best picture... but Caleb's cutest smiles usually end up a little blurry.

2 comments:

Jason and Kelsey said...

what a sweet post! i know how you feel about them not being babies much longer, and i too have been known to rock kamryn to sleep for much longer than necessary. aren't they just the best!? :)

Patti said...

Yes, they grow up much too fast, but after they do grow up, then they're still awesome because children, even as adults, are just the best! I love my kids so much, even though they aren't kids anymore. It's cool to see how your kids grow up and turn into awesome adults.