Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just Kidding

Apparently, putting our baby to bed a half an hour early wasn't as bright of an idea as I thought it was when I did it. Caleb woke up last night at quarter after ten and would not go back to sleep. We tried rocking him, singing to him, even letting him cry for a while. Finally, at 11 I thought that if I just fed him (which I didn't want to do because I don't want him to start waking up every night to feed at that time), he would go back to sleep. He was so very tired.

Instead, feeding him made him wide awake. He didn't end up going back to bed till I think it was 12:40 a.m. Then he woke up again at 5:30 to feed. At least, after that, he slept in till 9 a.m. and finally woke up happy and cooing.

He had been sleeping through the night really good. The last several nights, he'd started waking up again in the middle of the night. And then last night, well, you can see what a disaster last night was.

Tonight, he'll be staying up till his normal 8 o'clock bedtime and we'll hope that improves the situation.

0 comments: