Monday, December 17, 2007

Further Proof

Tonight we had some new friends over. One of the couples has a baby girl, Naomi, nine days younger than Caleb (the other couple has a baby girl, Faith, a month (minus a day) older than Caleb). Brandon was holding her on his lap towards the end of the night. He was gently bouncing her on his knee.

Wait -- before I continue, I have to say that it took me most of the night to get Naomi to warm up to me. And even then, she was still unsure.

So Brandon has her on his lap, and she's totally loving him. Not a single fuss. Not only was she being so very good and not complaining that a stranger had her, but then she fell asleep. That's right. She fell asleep while he was holding her.

Just further proof that Brandon is the baby whisperer/baby sandman.

Oh -- I almost forgot -- while he was holding sleeping Naomi, Faith laid down at his feet, ready to go to sleep. She would have too, except that her mom picked her up and let her fall asleep on the couch instead.

If it didn't work to my advantage (since he does manage to get Caleb to nap as well), I would be seriously torqued about his magical gift.

1 comments:

Patti said...

I was expecting a story about Caleb flirting with the other baby girls or something like that. Good thing you benefit from Brandon's talents as well!