Sunday, December 16, 2007

Grilled Cheese

Sometimes, when I'm not in the mood to feed Caleb baby food for lunch (since I never know if it'll be a battle to get him to eat or not, and he's always willing to feed himself for at least a little while), I'll make him a grilled cheese sandwich. Normally, I then cut it into bite size pieces and wait for it to cool down before placing the pieces on his tray.

If I'm cutting pieces, Caleb only gets the good stuff in the middle. If Brandon's cutting pieces, Caleb ends up with the crust too.

Today, Brandon made us all grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. I don't know why I did it, but after blowing on the inside of Caleb's sandwich to cool it (something I ALWAYS do when eating grilled cheese), I tore the sandwich in half and handed it to him. He loved it! He loves to be able to eat like his mommy and daddy do. We thought it was so super cute the way he tackled the sandwich.

(It's weird the way things are cute when you're a baby and so not cute once you're a teenager.)

Anyway, I of course took a ton of pictures of the event. Brandon was no help whatsoever in narrowing it down to just one or two favorites. So you get a whole slew. (I know, so different from every other day when I can't decide what picture to post.) Although, if half eaten food grosses you out, you may not want to scroll down. But it's a baby doing it, so it's still cute.





0 comments: