Sunday, October 14, 2007

On the Upside


I know that Utah isn't everyone's cup of tea. When I first moved to Utah back in 1998, I wasn't a fan either. In fact, the first time I saw that white stuff falling down from the sky, I called home wanting to cry, while all my roommates went outside to play in it. Over the years, I've come to love it here.

One of my favorite things about Utah is the seasons. I know there are a lot more places in the world that have seasons, but having grown up in Southern California, seasons are still new and exciting to me.

After the adorable fall photos I took of Caleb two weeks ago, I was eager to get back out there and take some more before all the good colors are gone. Friday afternoon, we set out for another photo session. By the time we left our house, there was probably only a good hour left of sunshine, which made me nervous to drive all the way back to Provo canyon. So instead, we just drove around our neighborhood and were able to find some great spots to take pictures.

I love that you can find beauty almost anywhere if only you just look for it.


I really want to go to a pumpkin patch to get a good shot of Caleb, but until then, this one will have to do...


Oh, and since moving back to Utah, I've discovered one of the pluses to living in Houston. I never needed to use lotion there. My heels, which seem to always be dried and cracked, were beautiful while we lived in Texas. Oh well. I'm glad to be home again anyway.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the pumpkin picture! i was looking forward to this one.