Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tagged Again

This time Jocelyn tagged me wanting to know six facts/habits about me. That's kind of vague. I'm not good with vague. So instead, you get six things I love (besides my kid, since everyone already knows that about me).

1. Butterflies -- I love the symbolism of butterflies. The whole transformation thing. Becoming more than you are. I think that each of us has our own butterfly hidden down inside of us, yearning to be free. We're all capable of so much more, but often limit ourselves to the life of a caterpillar.

2. Clocks -- I think every wall of every room could use a clock. I always need to know what time it is and like to be able to see a clock no matter what direction I am facing. I have no idea where my addiction to time comes from, but it's definitely there.

3. Candles -- There is something so soothing about candlelight. Sometimes when I'm stressed out or feeling down, Brandon will light a bunch of candles and it always calms my soul and makes me feel better. I also love watching the smoke curl up and vanish into the air when you blow a candle out. Plus, I think candles are beautiful even when not lit and I love using them just as decoration.

4. Books -- I love to read young adult novels. This is also my favorite genre to write. Something about teeny boppers falling in love... it makes me happy. There have been times in my life when I would go to the library and check out as many young adult novels as I could carry, read them all in a week and then go back for more. That's a lot harder to do now that I have Caleb, since I try to pay him attention whenever he's awake. I don't think I have a favorite book, although I can read the Harry Potter books over and over again. This summer, after Brandon bought me the 5th and 6th books, I read them and the then reread the 7th even though I had just finished the 7th book only a week or two before that. (And all when Caleb was sleeping, but he used to sleep more than he does now.)

5. Journals -- I don't actually like writing in journals, but I just love having blank journals. Once they're written in (even one page), I don't like them as much. I have tons of blank journals though. Sometimes I try really hard to write in a journal and will do good for a little while, then won't write for a really long time. Then, when I talk myself back into writing, I always want to start writing in a new journal, since I'm in a new and different place in my life. I guess that's one reason I love blogging so much; it's a much easier way of journaling. Plus, I don't have to write in any of my journals and they can all stay perfectly blank.

6. Picture Frames -- Even before I had such a cute baby to take pictures of, I loved picture frames. I own so many picture frames, yet they are still one of my favorite things to buy. They're coming in handy now, however, since I have so many cute pictures of Caleb that I want to hang up in my house. I don't actually have enough wall or shelf space for the amount of picture frames I own, but that doesn't stop me from finding new and cuter frames at the store that I just have to own. And it certainly doesn't help that everything at Kohl's is always on sale, especially the picture frames.

Now you know a little bit more about me. And something you may already know, if you read my post the last time I was tagged, I'm not good at the pass it on part of chain letters. So, as tempting as it would be to now tag Shannon six times, I'll pass. (Though if anyone wanted to write more about them on their blog, I'd love to read it. And you can consider yourself tagged, if you need a tagging in order to do it.)

0 comments: